Tutor: Prof. Mei Xing
Date: 17th - 18th Nov 2018
Time: 10am - 5pm
Venue: M.A.T.C.M. Sale
Price: £220 (£198 early bird)
[toggle title="Course Description" state="closed"]
Abdominal Acupuncture was developed in the 1990s by Zhiyun Bo who discovered he could treat his patient's chronic sciatica by needling Ren 4 and Ren 6. He went on to develop the Abdominal Meridian System (AMS) sometimes known as the Magic Turtle in which the whole of the body is represented on the abdomen with the naval at the center.
The abdomen is often considered the "second brain" as it has the largest number of nerve cells second only to the brain. As the abdomen produces approximately 90% of all seratonin, it is responsible for mood, sleep, learning and regulating blood pressure. Abdominal acupuncture has been shown to have an effect on emotional well-being, immunity and or course regulating digestion. It is widely practiced in China and involves very superficial needling.
[toggle title="Aims of Course"]
To understand and comprehend the practice and strategy of abdominal acupuncture. By the end of the course, participants will be able to integrate abdominal acupuncture into their practice, thereby increasing treatment options for their patients.
To Be Confirmed
[toggle title="Learning Outcome"]
By the end of this CPD, participants will be able to integrate abdominal acupuncture into their practice, thereby increasing treatment options for their patients.
[toggle title="Apply for Course"]
Please select the Apply for Course button below:
[button href="http://matcm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/MATCM-FINAL-PDF-1.pdf" style="emboss" size="medium" color="#0f9e6b" hovercolor="#04fa94" textcolor="#ffffff"]Apply for course[/button] Right click to open Application Form in a separate tab
Please note that some browsers do not automatically support form interactivity but give you options to choose applications that do e.g. Firefox opens as read only but allows you to open with a different viewer such as Acrobat.
- Complete the Application Form, check-marking which payment method chosen
- Send Application Form either via post (including Cheque payment if applicable) or via email as an attachment ('choose file' option under body of email) here
[toggle title="Early Bird Discount"]
Payment made one month prior to the start of the course is eligible for the early bird discount
[toggle title="Course Payment"]
Payment for course can be made in the following ways:
- By Cheque Payable to M.A.T.C.M.
- Send to 52-54 Washway Road, Sale, Cheshire. M33 7QZ
- By BACS Contact us on 07863 563 217 for further details
- By Paypal Select the Paypal button on this course page
- If paying by Paypal, please select from the dropdown menu, how many days you are attending and whether you are opting for the early bird discount
- Early bird discount is only applicable a month or more before the start of the course
- Once you are happy with your choice, please click on the Buy Now button: